Two men wounded in house fire

Cigarette may have been cause

Two men in their 40s were injured in a fire early Tuesday morning.

One man is in critical condition after suffering second- and third-degree burns, and the second man is injured but not in life-threatening condition, according to published reports.

The fire started on Oct. 8 at around 3:30 a.m. on Coronation Drive in the Morningside Avenue and Lawrence Avenue East area.

It’s believed the cause of the fire might have been a lit cigarette, which caused a mattress to catch fire.

About this article

By: Erika Marucci
Copy editor: Tamar Atik
Posted: Oct 10 2013 3:55 pm
Filed under: News News Briefs