Baird Park in Toronto’s west-end was closed Sunday after chocolate bits were found scattered around the leash-free dog park.
Toronto police arrived at the scene the same day to investigate. The park remains closed two days later.
Studies indicate some forms of chocolate may be harmful or lethal for dogs. If ingested in significant amounts, chocolate can potentially produce vomiting and diarrhea even death in severe cases.
Police say there is no indication the chocolate was placed in the park to harm dogs intentionally.
It is not closed. It re-opened Monday afternoon after the city cleaned it up – and it is still open