Film festivals are fun to attend, but fans should remember the the Do’s and Don’ts when attending premiers and approaching their favourite celebrities at the Toronto International Film Festival.
We picked up these tips from Misha Teixeira, founder of Umbrella films, and Toronto DJ/producer Cale Grantonl.
- Fans should try to be themselves and enjoy the event as much as they can instead of being someone they are not.
- Go to designated areas where fans are allowed to take pictures and meet celebrities.
- Keep the vibe as positive as you can, appreciate the stars’ movies when you go to their premieres.
- Don’t be too pushy when it comes to asking for pictures. Celebrities are more than happy to pose and talk to fans at designated areas before or after the premier. Don’t invade their personal space or privacy, and respect their personal space.
- Don’t ask for pictures if you spot celebrities at a coffee shop or a restaurant.
- Don’t approach celebrities if you are too intoxicated at the festival.
And lastly, make the most of the Toronto Film Festival.