Ten eastern Toronto Schools were added to the list of schools under review at last night’s Toronto District School Board (TDSB) meeting.
Following pressure from the province, the TDSB finalized the list of schools to be reviewed for potential closure. And all 10 schools are located in Toronto’s east end.
The list includes:
- East York Collegiate Institute
- East York Alternative School
- Danforth Technical Institute
- Eastdale Collegiate Institute
- Eastern Commerce Collegiate Institute
- Greenwood Secondary School
- Monarch Park Collegiate Institute
- Riverdale Collegiate Institute
- School of Life Experience
- Subway Academy 1
The finalized list for the province includes 70 schools, all of which are operating well below capacity, according to the TDSB.