Metropolismag, a monthly magazine about design and architecture, has recently named Toronto one of the most liveable cities in the world.
This year the city gets the highest rank among all North American cities.
The top three positions go to the Europeans: Copenhagen, Berlin and Helsinki.
Here are some of the criteria that have put Toronto in the ninth position:
- Under-Gardiner project
- Toronto’s population diversity
- Pedestrian-orientated attitude by developers
- Investments in cycling infrastructure (such as closing or narrowing streets)
- Investments in Union Station
- Redevelopment of waterfront land (i.e Corktown Common park)
- More street-friendly condo designs