Snowstorm closes schools and cancels bus service across GTA: update
The snowstorm that is ravaging Southern Ontario has led to many school closures Friday.
The following school districts have bus or class cancellations or are closed for February 8, 2013.
• All post-secondary institutions in the GTA are CLOSED except University of Toronto St. George Campus and George Brown College and the University of Ontario Institute of Technology in Oshawa.
• Durham Catholic and Durham District school buses are cancelled but the schools will be open.
• Halton Region District School Board
• Ontario College of Art and Design
• Peel District & Dufferin-Peel School Board are closed
• Seneca College daytime classes (all campuses)
• Sheridan College
• Toronto District School Board and Toronto Catholic District School Board school buses are cancelled but the schools will be open.
• Toronto Prep School
• York Region District and York Region Catholic District school buses are cancelled but the schools will be open.
Air Canada, Porter Airlines and Westjet are urging travellers to check their flights before arriving at the airport, as there are delays and cancellations to some flights today. You can view your flight information at www.TorontoPearson.com for more information.
The blizzard brings snowfall warnings for most of Southern Ontario, ranging from Niagara Falls to the Caledon region. Weather experts say that the area could see as much as 20 cm of snow Friday, possibly leading to dangerous commutes on the roads.
About this article: