Police at 41 Division have issued a community alert following a string of thefts in Scarborough grocery stores.
Over the past few weeks, police said, a number of purses and wallets have been stolen from stores in the 41 Division, which covers Victoria Park Avenue to Brimley Road, and Hwy. 401 south to the lake.
Police suggest the following measures to protect your belongings:
- don’t leave your purse or wallet unattended;
- don’t carry large amounts of cash;
- be aware of your surroundings;
- always ensure your purse is zipped up and closed;
- always keep your purse on your person, and not hanging from restaurant chairs or walkers;
- use a fanny pack or waste pouch instead of a purse; and
- do not place a purse strap around your neck or wrist as forcible removal can cause serious personal injury.